Friday, March 14, 2014

Part of the Whole

I've been reading this book all week:
image

Stephenie's book is the first in a series, mine being the second. We have been communicating about them as we wrote and made samples: one of our most reassuring thoughts was that the title was the "practical guide" not the "complete guide". But Stephenie has gone and set the bar very high: she speaks of each fiber in depth, of course, as you would expect. But she also has lots, and I means LOTS! of information on general spinning: tools, processes, hand movements and yarn handling, yarn finishing and yarn wrangling.

Her book is very nearly complete. I wrote to her and told her how thankful I am that hers is the first in the series. Now, if people ask for basic spinning information after reading my book, all I have to say is "Buy Stephenie's book! It's the first in the series, and has all that information!"

Mine:
spinner's guide cover

Just talks about silk. Sure, properties of silk, how to spin silk, how to care for silk. But I assumed spinning knowledge of the reader. Stephenie did not. And we all know what assume spells? Yep.

Be that as it may, the time has come. Pre-order time! Now that I have told you how simple my book is, how limited, you are anxious to have it, are you not?



Location



The usual pre-order deal: I pay the shipping free in the US, (sadly, not for Canada or Overseas), I pay applicable taxes, you get a signed defaced! copy directly from me. As soon as I get them. Which is May. I don't have them now, I don't get them earlier, but you will get a book as soon as I do!

Oh, and as an aside, I think the cover is different than that above..on my book. I think the photo changed. But I won't know for sure until the books get here! In May!

So, with humble and multiple thanks to Stephenie, the series is off to a good start. Buy her book too, if you want the complete set! and if you want to spin silk, my book picks up where hers leaves off. I could not be in better company!

Thanks!

9 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

What a great review of Stephenies book. I've sent payment for my very own defaced copy of the silk book.

congrats

10:14 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Woohoo! Book ordered!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Devin said...

WOOO! Ordered!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Filatura said...

Oooh, a defaced copy! Resistance is (was) futile. Can't wait to read it. Already have the cotton-hemp book: I love the concept and execution of this series.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Freyalyn said...

How much extra would you like me to send you for overseas postage, pleae?

3:30 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Hi Freyalynn!

Click on the button and a menu pops down with pricing for outside the US.

Will I see you this summer at Fibre-East?

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Dizzyspinner said...

You will Sara…..!! should we be talking 'book launch' for over here…..Jan

12:15 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Ordered now . . . somehow I missed this post. Can't wait to add it to my library!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Séverine (Cidrolin) said...

Ordered! I know I will have one pleasant day when it comes.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home