Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Slog

Well, the second glove was a slog. It was hard to work on something that isn't lovely, isn't coming out well, but for which I still had some hope. It was a slight improvement over the first:

spindle spun gloves sept 2010

But the dyebath certainly helped both of them become acceptable:

red gloves

They were overdyed with Lanaset scarlet, at a 2% depth of shade, in a crockpot. Easy fix, still not lovely, but they make a better canvas for the glove covers:


red gloves covered

This is the first incarnation, I may rip and tweak a bit, I'll know after I block this one. I started with a stranded pattern in the body area, not just the cuff, but changed my mind, I think because of severe ennui with the whole project.

In the midst of this knitting I have been able to do some other things, including:

silk for SOAR 2010

dyeing some silk for SOAR 2010, coming up soon in Wisconsin. Also making a few garments for this child:

marin August 2010

whose little face makes me smile, and who I get to go visit next week! Grandma rides again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they change from week to week when they are this little?

See you at SOAR - that silk looks fabulous.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Benita said...

I'm going to SOAR, too! This will be my first time.

Well, I have to admit the gloves look better with the glove cover on. Hmmm... :)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is a glove wearing a glove cover synonymous to a person with a paper bag over their head?

Very cute bebe yes, she will forever remain bagless.

I get to see my 4 girls in two weeks. Let's hear it for Gammie time!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Hurrah for overdying. And of course that is the cutest baby ever.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Something happens at the moment of grandmothership. All I can say, is get ready to start knitting vegetables. You will love it.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Benita said...

Kate Larson (she said you would know her as "Judith's hands") said you might be interested in a helper for part of SOAR. I will be there the 28th through the 30th and am willing to be put to work. Let me know if you need a grunt. :)

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home