Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Dreaming of Dye Pots

This yarn, previously termed *ugly*:
IMG_2851

did not improve with knitting:
glove

Homely is polite. Really. Ugh. Travel knitting, something small, easy to do without a pattern, and potentially useful. Well, they are warm, and fit me. I used Lace up Mittens pattern from All New Homespun Handknit (because it is in my head), changed into gloves. The yarn is spindle spun, 3 ply wool, spindle plied, and nice, if you close your eyes.

My consolation is the dye pot. These will be thrown in forthwith, once both are done. Then I will knit glove covers for them, and they will be warm, still fit, and forget their homely origins.

I need to finish the second glove. I persevere:

lace up start

This is the only travel project I have with me, so it's easy to keep working on it. I did want to see how the colors look worked up.....oy!

I will leave you with a prettier image:
shannon and Marin sept 2010

Marin and her Mama.

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I love to overdye handspun that did not turn out as expected or desired. Sometimes I give it away to my non spinning friends.

I envy you the new grandbaby. The youngest of my grandchildren just turned 4 and is not the same kind of cuddly anymore. I have to wait for the next crop to start appearing - I'm not in a hurry for that to happen - until I see other people's new babies.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

I love the feeling of heart expanding as I scrolled down and saw the picture of Marin and her Mama. No grandkids here, but I can already feel the joy through your experience.

Looking forward to seeing what the overdyeing will look like. :-)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the photo. It will keep me from going to bed with visions of "less than lovely" yarn in my head.

But congrats on having the guts or balls name your body part for giving it a go.

8:48 PM  
Blogger June said...

I am so behind on blog reading - my warmest congratulations to you and the whole family! Your granddaughter is beautiful.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous DiseƱo Web said...

Such an adorable !

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home