Friday, October 02, 2009

From Hand to Hand to Hand

I received a skein of handspun yarn a few months ago, and started this hat:

hat1

The yarn is luscious, thick and warm, and was a delight to knit with. The hat is done now, and ready for the cold weather soon to come. Spinner Nancy (Ravelry link) agreed with me that the hat will make a fine addition to the Scholarship Auction at SOAR, soon to be held in Sun River Oregon.

If you have a need for a warm, cushy textured winter hat, or know someone who does, this will be a chance to bid on one.

The auction funds go toward scholarships for people who would not otherwise be able to make it to SOAR. I have met some of the best people as scholarship students. In this time of shrinking budgets, I'm happy to help enable someone to come and join us(as was Nancy, and in fact Claudia, whose MS fundraiser started this whole thing).

So hats off!, and here's hoping this one finds a happy new owner:

hat2

7 Comments:

Blogger Freyalyn said...

A lovely hat (great colour too). I blush to be mentioned in such august company.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

How marvelous - the color, the collaboration, the kindness that keeps on giving. Beautiful in oh so many ways!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Beautiful hat! You did a great job.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Beautiful colors and knitting! I can almost feel the warmth, both physical and spiritual, coming through the monitor!

Looks like it's going to be another 4-5 years before I can go to SOAR again :-( Have fun for me.

8:48 AM  
Blogger NancyFancyPants said...

Sarah, it looks BEAUTIFUL! I thrilled that my handspun could look so good!! I especially like the brim and the tassle. Great job!! :)

6:18 AM  
Blogger Jenadina said...

Sara, I just watched your warp painting video and have a quick question...when you pre-soak and dry your warps then have to rewet them, do you rewet in plain water, or in the soda ash solution again?

Thanks!

Jen

9:27 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What a great hat... are you off to SOAR already?

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home