Saturday, April 11, 2009

Colors of the Season

Oh.

My.

Time flies, eh?

Not really much to say, but in the interests of Certain People Who Comment When There Are No Blog Posts:

Helen's fibers

I've been spinning, dyeing, weaving, and even have a new project warped up. All in oranges and blues. Several projects lately, in fact. Orange/blue is my current color phase. I've no idea what triggers a new color phase, perhaps the season.

The fiber above is Wensleydale, from my friend Helen, of Waratah Fibers. Helen came to Bothwell as a vendor, and then stayed on to take a class. It was wonderful spending time with her again, and, like many of my friends who are in far-flung places, we picked up the conversation as if 10 years had not passed. Lovely!

More Wensleydale came into my possession:
Gnomespun yarns

This is from Gnomespun . I just liked the colors. I saw it online, pressed the magic button that brings things by UPS, and lo, it arrived, and lo, it was spun.

I also have some white Wensleydale that has been waiting to be spun up, and now I know it should be a blue, to go with the rest of this fiber. Calls out for more blue, no? The white top was sent to me from the UK by Sarah, a while ago, and It Will Be Dyed (and then spun).

More dyeing and spinning:
four ply silks

4-ply silk, currently being knitted on 000's into a bag (surprise!). The knitting, not surpringly, is Very Small as yet.

And, last, a little silk pile:
IMG_1596

Nothing really earth shattering going on here, just time with the wheels, the dyepot, some weaving, and knitting. All in some very nice colors.

10 Comments:

Blogger Phiala said...

Pretty! I've been wildly planning, but not so hot on the follow-through. How many project designs and rudimentary beginnings do I really need, anyway?

9:03 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Beautiful colors! The corner stars in the silk pile look like they are spinning.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Alyclepal said...

Will the book you mentioned a few months ago be coming out? These colors look awesome!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Ohboyohboyohboy. Another dose of loveliness!!! The colors definitely look seasonal - blue skies and California poppies?

3:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, the colors are luscious. The silk pile looks especially lovely to me, and is the same colors as the silk pile bag I started in your class last SOAR! When I finish up this book I must get to finishing that bag - I want to wear it at this year's SOAR.

Keep posting, we like the eye candy...

7:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hurray! Pretty spinning.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Boy, you just dodged a bullet. I was about to say something.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Big sigh! Wonderful colors-bigger sigh! About to cut work week down to 4 days. With any luck by Fall to 3. More time for the likes of this in the future!!

Bravo!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I think it's a great color phase! Very vibrant and full of life... maybe it IS the season.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Sara colors whatever the season. :-)

I especially like the mention of the 000s... I know whereof you speak. Fun.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home