Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm Getting Phone Calls

I'm fine, in case you were worried.

The phone calls are more of a harassing nature, from employees of a local public entity, who apparently read their blogs online at work, and who are tired of having no updates in this venue. Nothing more will be said regarding the perhaps less-than-wise expenditure of time paid for by public funds. Perhaps, in days past, this blog might have been considered *research* or some such. Surely there were moments when it was educational.

Now I have lied. I said nothing more would be said, and then I said more.

Things still move apace here, nothing to show (yet) for many hours of grueling weaving.

Soon. In the meantime, a photo of something old:

silkyarn

Handspun silk yarns, circa, 2005.

Or this:

cardwoven bag

I always liked this photo: the bag is handspun silk, cardwoven, with smashed pennies, I think 2004.

And I'll take a moment to wish my daughter-in-law a Happy Birthday (Happy Birthday Shannon!).

Will this do Lindsey?

9 Comments:

Blogger marchwind said...

LOL Sara, you do make me laugh! I have to say that I have been coming here every day waiting for a new post. Finally today I was rewarded.

Love the pictures as always.

Susan in the Northwoods of Minnesota where it is still very gray, but sunny!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

You have to admit, you were a bit silent. You can't really blame people for harras...checking on you!

5:28 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

if u dont blog, we are kom get u. or els!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

I use Firefox so I have a Bookmarks Toolbar. Your blog is the first link. My routine is to check several links each time I log in.

However, I do wait patiently in between your posts, because I'm so amply rewarded when a new one appears. :-)

Hugs!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Hi Sara....I love the bag. Cardweaving creates such interesting fabric!!

Also, love your Spin Off article. Thanks!

8:33 AM  
Blogger June said...

People read blogs during working hours! For shame!

(Um, is this comment time stamped? Uh oh!)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Well I wait but I can't say it's patiently. Finally! And thanks for the help, Lindsey.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

It's too bad you hate color - you really need to work on that.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Swanknitter said...

Adore the purse. Someday, when I grow up, I've going to weave pretty things like that.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home