Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Gratuitous Whining

How much can I whine about the weather? Well, today started out as rain, and then, early on:

snow yurt2

light snow, mixed with the rain. Miserable weather, eh? It just makes dyeing out on the back porch too cold!

I did a run yesterday:

dye sample book2

and another is out there cooking this morning. As you can probably tell, these runs are various mixes of blues and oranges. So yes, Charleen, greens (sort of), and some interesting neutrals.

I promise I won't bore you all with shot after shot of dye samples, but for now, that's all that is photogenic. Otherwise, you'd be seeing the most recent rows of fir cone lace, or the next bobbin of red BFL on the wheel. Weaving is on hold while I wait for more heddles to arrive in the mail: there is a reason I usually weave narrow fabrics. See? I can whine about more than just the weather: multi-faceted whining.

Thank the gods and goddesses for spinning, it is keeping me sane. That and a few books on tape. Thanks to a recommendation from Anne, I'm on my way out to the library to pick up Chevalier's The Lady and The Unicorn today, and looking forward to it. I may pick up some chocolate macaroons while I'm out, too, that ought to cheer me up. Thanks Deb, for the idea!

7 Comments:

Blogger judy said...

aahh, Sara. It's that parallel universe thing again. When I look out my window it looks the same as yours, well except for the yurt. Snow, rain, raw yuck. I'm deciding if I should dye.
I loved the book. I just sent my copy to a friend in Mexico. Beautiful descriptions.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

That's a great book to listen to...I 'read' it while driving to pick up my son at college last year.

Well...sorry about your weather, but it's nice to see that our miserable Michigan weather gets spread around a bit.

Just (finally) registered for Convergence today, so my day is a bit more sunny (weather or not!)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

And we here in the East could use some of that--we finally got half an inch day before yesterday, and a spit this morning, but mostly it's really dry. We're having lots of brush fires--which is very unusual for this area.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

I do feel your pain...it sounds just like home. although, actually, we have had more sun than you recently, by sod's law. Chilly, though. Downright unseasonable.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Did we all have the same weather today? We had rain, snow, and then finally a little sun.

4:29 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

I've been cheering myself up with chocolate covered pretzels from the Whole Foods. Now, it sounds crazy, but the salt and sweet thing is pretty darn killer.

In case, you know, the macaroons are already gone...

8:27 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I like seeing your samples, so there :*P Keep sending those pictures since it motivates me to continue with my sample book. BTW, please keep your weather. Is it your fault our Spring is now Winter again?

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home