Friday, July 15, 2005

Done and Done, well, Almost

The weaving is done, but the finishing has just begun.

The rug weavers finished knotting:

rug project4

We cut the rug off the loom, and are now braiding and wrapping the warp ends. I am so impressed with us:

rug project7

Here is a close up of the quail in the corner. The graphic imagery is locally inspired: quail, dogwood blossoms, snow flakes, deer, and oak leaves. The raffle is in a month, so we are on track. We still need to wash and trim the rug, and then it goes on display at the county Fair.

I also wove the silk scarf:

scarf July 2005

I made one long scarf, rather than 2 short ones. I like excess, and have never been fond of skimpy.

Now to work on the fringe:

scarf July 2005 ends

And Freyalynn? There was green:

scarf July 2005 2

This also will be finished by the Fair, which is a month away. It almost feels like a luxury of time, but there are more things to get done, so I know it will be Business as Usual: working up to the deadline.

5 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

I love the rug. Is there a way I can buy some tickets?

I have a friend who always laughed at me when I said something was done, but still needed a hem, etc. I always go with "well begun is half done" and that makes almost done finished. Make sense? No, I didn't think so.

11:31 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

I've got my lottery tickets for that lovely rug. YEAH!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Beautiful rug! (And scarf, of course.)
I hope you have remembered what tomorrow is....if only I can remember to get your address right this time!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Ah, details! Charleen; tickets are a buck a piece, and checks can be made out to Foothill Fiber Guild, and sent to PO Box 1304 Cedar Ridge, CA 95924. (thanks in advance, BTW). And gw, wish the DSM a Happy Birthday for me, and good luck with the Potters!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Freyalyn said...

Lovely rug. Well done. And glad that you remembered all things are improved by a judicious amount of green. (Of course, 'judicious' can mean whatever you want it to mean!)

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home