Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Quilt Blocks Again

This weekend I found a new (to me) resource of quilt block patterns: 1000 Great Quilt Blocks.

I especially like this book because all the patterns are done in grey scale, allowing the designer (me!) to choose colors.

I did a quick graph of one I liked, then added color:

quilt block2

I'm not a quilter, and probably won't ever use these as quilt patterns (never say never), but I now have a whole new source of graphic patterns for knotted pile. Yay!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's also, dare I say it, "5500 Quilt Block Designs," which I have. Such Food for Weaving Thought! Since I'm greedy, I might have to get the one you have too.

Lisa
http://blackwaterpark.typepad.com

12:10 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

I see your quilt block book and raise you this:

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro.htm

I charted a picture of Igor and it came out FABULOUS.

6:50 PM  
Blogger judy said...

Your color work is an inspiration, absolutely awesome! It is inspiring me, I must get my loom back in working condition (not a big deal) only the time.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home