Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A Few Diversions

Off-blog, so to speak, I've been asked why I have so much left over fabric, and what I *do* with all that left over fabric.

Well, I plan to have more fabric than I will need (is it thus *left over*? You decide). Extra fabric is not a bad thing, mistakes happen, miscalculations happen, and one can always use good durable fabric (foregoing the term *peasant*, taking Lisa's point).

I've used fabric for a series of bags, and yes, these are definitely classifiable in the *useless diversions* category, but, hey, I like them and they've kept me busy:

goddess bags

I've also learned, thanks to a class at Convergence in Denver last June, to make books (in a manner of speaking), using my fabrics for the covers:

books2

I made several of these blank books for gifts this year.

My math skills being what they are, I feel more comfortable knowing I'm weaving extra fabric, and usually have about two yards left whenever I plan a garment. Not on dishtowel warps though: those always go down to the last inch, and I give them away. I haven't had new dishtowels myself in a few years and, hey,(while I'm whining)I need new curtains too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Baycolonyfarm said...

I *love* my dishtowel. It is used a lot, and adds a beautiful spot of color to my kitchen. :)

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home