Thursday, March 24, 2005

At Last

Whew! Spun, dyed, on the loom, and starting to weave:

silk fabric

fabric for the new silk shirt. I ended up with 11 warp chains, some painted, some resist dyed and some immersion dyed. I think I spun 6 bricks total, but I really didn't keep track. This is 608 ends, sett at 40 epi, just over 15" wide. The weft is 10/2 unmercerized cotton.

And for a straight-on view:

silk fabric 4

The next time you see this, it will be a shirt! Now, back to the rug (my daily grind, so to speak).

3 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

In case you would like to switch your daily grind for mine, there's research on identification jury instructions to be done.

No? Darn.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Very pretty. Will you be using the solid blue for a band of some type?

3:38 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Wow. I'll say it again. Wow.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home