Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Back to Weaving

On the way home in the airplane, I had what I thought was a brilliant idea. After watching people weave silk bands all weekend, it occurred to me that I have a wool band, of the pickup variety, which just might make a nice felted bag, similar to this one:

band bag

But I was wrong. I got home and pulled out the band in question:

woolbands

and even though the pattern was OK (random pickup) the color order was wrong, and there were borders, which would get in the way of any design continuity in the bag.

So I *had* to warp the loom and start another, of course, to follow through with the idea, even if there were other projects screaming for attention. The new band so far:

woolband3

Handspun wool, some of which was once destined to be socks (3 ply), other of which is Lincoln, once destined to be part of a knotted pile something. It pays to have stash. When next you see it, it shall be a small felted wool bag.

And, the apparently obligatory blog cat picture:

kitty

Kitty. Our personal feral cat. She is a good mouser, we feed her so she stays around. We also trapped her, had her spayed and given shots, for which she has not forgiven us. It took a long while to gain her trust, now she is nervous again. But she's here, and she'll eat, so she may eventually come around. She is not as charming as Claudia's Igor (scroll down), but she has potential.

And last, lest I be accused of lack of loyalty to my home State:

Feb16th

It's California, in February.

2 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

Kitty? I guess all the creativity goes elsewhere.

;-)

Kitty is very cute.

Sure you don't want to come by for our 40 degrees and rain, freezing over solidly for morning? Sure now.

5:52 PM  
Blogger ifthisistuesday.wordpress.com said...

I didn't realize you could felt wool bands. Hmm. Food for thought.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home